Get some health benefits this Halloween
This year you can celebrate Halloween and get also some health benefits out of it! For that, here is a healthy treat that is really good for you…pumpkin. How good?
Pumpkin is a great source of beta-carotene, a powerful antioxidant. It is high in fibre and it helps to boost your immunity, thanks to the vitamins and minerals it contains. According to Medicalnewstoday.com, here are the best benefits you can get from eating pumpkin:
(1) Blood pressure: Eating pumpkin is good for the heart! The fiber, potassium and vitamin C content in pumpkin all support heart health.
(2) Cancer: One particular type of cancer where research has shown a positive benefits of a diet rich in beta-carotene is prostate cancer. Beta-carotene has also been shown to have an inverse association with the development of colon cancer.
(3) Eye Health: The antioxidants vitamin C, vitamin E and beta-carotene (all of which pumpkin has) have been shown to support eye health and prevent degenerative damage.
(4) Fertility: For women of child-bearing age, consuming more iron from plant sources such as spinach, beans, pumpkin, tomatoes, and beets appear to promote fertility. The vitamin A in pumpkin is also essential during pregnancy and lactation for hormone synthesis.
(5) Immunity: Plant foods like pumpkins that are high in both vitamin C and beta-carotene offer an immunity boost from their powerful combination of nutrients....