Keeping yourself hydrated is key to your health
Did you know that good hydration of the body is essential for life itself? Water helps the body to perform vital chemical reactions, maintain your body temperature, remove waste through urine, control your heart rate and blood pressure. Research shows that water also contributes to speed up and maintain a healthy metabolism. Without water, humans can survive only for days. Water comprises from 75% body weight in infants to 55% in elderly and is essential for cellular homeostasis and life.
As opposed to hydration, dehydration happens when the body loses more water than is taken in. You are constantly losing water throughout the day when you go to the bathroom, when you exercise, when it is hot outside. Vomiting and diarrhea also leads to rapid water loss. Therefore it is important that you replace the fluids you lose otherwise you can easily become dehydrated.
Potential signs of dehydration include: dry mouth, little or no urine, headache, extreme thirst, fatigue, confusion etc....
According to WebMD, there are several benefits of water that can help you improve your health and wellness, such as:
(1) Losing weight - just replace your soda with plain water and you will see the results. Also drinking cold water makes your body work to warm the water which helps you burn some more calories
(2) Boosting your energy - it helps your blood transport oxygen and other essential nutrients to your cells
(3) Lowering stress - your brain tissue is 70-80% water and losing water from your body make you feel stressed
(4) Reducing muscle cramping by drinking more water
(5) Diminishing wrinkles on your skin - that are more visible when you are dehydrated
(6) Helping digestion just like fiber
(7) Reducing kidney stones - by diluting salts and minerals in your urine...