How to boost your immune system?
Your lifestyle can affect how well your immune system can respond to the outside threats and protect you from different illnesses. Choosing a healthy lifestyle can keep your immune system healthy.
Your immune system already does a very good job of defending you against disease-causing microorganisms. But sometimes it fails: A germ invades successfully and makes you sick.
Every part of your body, including your immune system, functions better when protected from environmental threats and when you adopt healthy-living strategies such as the following:
(1) Don’t smoke
(2) Exercise regularly and maintain a healthy weight : Try to get regular, moderate exercise, like a daily 30-minute walk. It can help your immune system fight infection.
(3) Control your blood pressure
(4) Drink alcohol only in moderation
(5) Getting enough sleep: You may have noticed you’re more likely to catch a cold or other infection when you’re not getting enough sleep. Not getting enough sleep can lead to higher levels of a stress hormone. It may also lead to more inflammation in your body
(6) Having strong relationships and a good social network: People who feel connected to friends have stronger immunity than those who feel alone, studies show
(7) Take steps to avoid infection, such as washing your hands frequently and cooking meats thoroughly
(8) Laughing more: It curbs the levels of stress hormones in your body and boosts a type of white blood cell that fights infection....