5 ways to fight depression naturally
Being depressed can make you feel weak and hopeless. Depression is often accompanied by a critical, self-destructive mentality that interferes with and distracts us from our daily lives. Whatever it is that scares you, here are 5 natural depression treatments to help you cope with your day-to-day fears and anxieties as of now.
(1) Set goals that you can accomplish: When youre depressed, you may feel like you cant accomplish anything. That makes you feel worse about yourself. To push back, set daily goals for yourself, start very small like doing the dishes every other day. As you start to feel better, you can add more challenging daily goals.
(2) Exercise: Exercise temporarily boosts feel-good chemicals called endorphins. It may also have long-term benefits for people with depression. Regular physical activity seems to encourage the brain to rewire itself in positive ways. Just walking a few times a week can help.
(3) Eat healthy: There is no magic diet that fixes depression, but watching what you eat is a good idea. If depression tends to make you overeat, getting in control of your eating will help you feel better. Eating salmon and tuna (for omega-3 fatty acids) and spinach and avocado (for their folic acid) could help ease depression.
(4) Get enough sleep: Going to bed and getting up at the same time every day may help you sleep better and participate to your daily routine. It is important to avoid naps and take all the distractions out of your bedroom (computer, TV, mobile phones etc.).
(5) Try to have fun: If you’re depressed, make time for things you enjoy or just watch some funny movies
Talking about it can also help you to sharing your fears which can make them less scary. And if your fears arent going away, ask your doctor for help....