How to relax in less than 5 minutes?
Relaxing is always good for you and it can take less than 5 minutes. When you are feeling exhausted, and you don’t have time for a week-end away, you should try out some of the following tips:
(1) Laugh Out Loud: A good belly laugh doesn’t just lighten the load mentally. It lowers cortisol, your body’s stress hormone, and boosts brain chemicals called endorphins, which help your mood.
(2) Listen to relaxing music which can lower blood pressure, heart rate, and anxiety
(3) Exercise: All forms of exercise, including yoga and walking, can ease depression and anxiety by helping the brain release feel-good chemicals and by giving your body a chance to practice dealing with stress. You can go for a quick walk around the block, take the stairs up and down a few flights, or do some stretching exercises like head rolls and shoulder shrugs.
(4) Breathe Deeply: Take a 5-minute break and focus instead on your breathing. Sit up straight, eyes closed, with a hand on your belly. Slowly inhale through your nose, feeling the breath start in your abdomen and work its way to the top of your head.
(5) Green Tea: Instead of turning purple with rage, get green with a cup of herbal tea. Green tea is a source of L-Theanine, a chemical that helps relieve anger.
(6) Eat some chocolate: Just a square of the sweet stuff can calm your nerves. Dark chocolate regulates levels of thestress hormone cortisol and stabilizes metabolism.
(7) Count Backward: When worries are running rampant, try slowly counting to 10 and then back again to calm down....