Health benefits of avocado
Avocados are fatty and at the same time they may be very good for your health. In fact, this fruit is a nutritional powerhouse providing numerous potential health benefits. Because of its high fat content, avocado is also used as a meat substitute in sandwiches and salads.
What makes this fruit so good for you? Avocado contains:
(1) Healthy fats considered to be a good fat which reduces levels of bad cholesterol in your blood and lowers your risk of stroke and heart disease.
(2) Protein - an average avocado contains around 4 grams of protein, which is much more than most other fruits.
(3) Sugar - avocados sugar content is low compared to other fruits. Half an avocado contains approximately 0.2 g of sugar.
(4) Vitamins and minerals - avocados are an excellent source of potassium (containing more per weight than bananas). In addition, avocados are rich in vitamin K, Vitamin B9, vitamin B6, vitamin B5 vitamin C, and vitamin E.
(5) Dietary fiber - a medium avocado contains 11 grams of fiber, which is close to half of the daily recommended minimum intake, which your body needs to keep the digestive system running smoothly.
(6) Avocados contain carotenoids: Avocados are a great source of lutein, a carotenoid that works as an antioxidant and helps protect against eye disease....